Our BaquaSpa start-up kit contains these items.
Chemical Instructions for your Softub using BaquaSpa
1. * Completely fill the tub first. The proper level is 2” above the highest jet. VERY IMPORTANT: After adding approximately 2”-3” of warm water, if available, turn the water source off and remove all wrinkles from the bottom of the tub. After wrinkles are removed, continue to fill until water is 2” above the highest jet. On the 300+ model, you will need to turn the water source off again once the water is 2”–3” over the seat and smooth out any wrinkles on the seat.
2. * Plug in the tub and circulate water. Check under the connections to ensure no leaks. Make sure the connectors are snugly hand tight. There is no need to tighten any further.
3. * Please follow the instructions in your BaquaSpa “Spa Care & Water Testing Guide”.
4. * Check your water balance weekly with the test strips provided. Adjust the pH if necessary using either pH up to raise your pH or pH down to lower your pH. ***Very Important*** Failure to maintain the proper level of pH in your Softub could cause permanent wrinkles in your liner. This is not covered by the warranty.
5. * Within a week or two of filling your Softub, we advise taking a pint sized water sample to your nearest pool/spa store. If you live near our Rochester, NY locations, we will happily provide this service free of charge. A professional pool/spa store will perform a comprehensive water analysis, and advise you if there is anything you may need. If not having your water tested by Pettis Pools, please call the Softub Express office if any chemical is recommended that was not in your original kit or if you have any questions regarding suggestions for keeping your water clean. Do not add anything you are not sure of to your Softub. Failure to use appropriate chemicals in your Softub will void your warranty.
6. * Depending on your water source, quite often you will need to add Calcium Hardness Increaser to your Softub. Please check your test strip for the amount of calcium in your water within the first few days of filling your tub. The line that reads “hardness” is the one that tells you your calcium hardness level. A level of 180-400 ppm is recommended for your Softub. When adding calcium hardness increaser, only add it in 1/3 cup increments; 1/3 cup total for a 140, 2/3 cup total for a 220, and 1 cup total for a 300+ – add no sooner than 2 hours apart. Adding more than 1/3 cup at a time can cause your water to become cloudy. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** Failure to maintain the proper level of Calcium Hardness in your Softub could cause permanent wrinkles and/or bagging of your liner. This is not covered by the warranty.
7. * Always have the water circulating when adding chemicals to your Softub. This will prevent the chemicals from falling to the bottom, settling and possibly staining your liner.
8. * Do not use a floating dispenser for adding chemicals to your Softub. They do not dispense the chemicals properly due to how the tub circulates and could discolor your liner.
9. * Do Not Use Bromine in your Softub. Bromine can and will discolor your liner and cause it to become brittle and crack over time. This is considered chemical abuse and will not be covered under your warranty.
Note: Use of BaquaSpa in older Softubs could cause cracking of your light lens. If your tub serial number is 102365 or higher, this is not a concern for you. This occurs approximately 30% of the time in older Softubs and is not covered under warranty. Please call us with any questions and we will connect you with one of our chemical experts. Again, please do not add any chemicals to your Softub that you are unsure of or not recommended to by an authorized Softub Dealer.